Coventry Irish Society Midlands Irish Survivors Service
A new full time Specialist advice information and support service for Irish Survivors including those Survivors that were resident in an Irish Mother and Baby Home Institution
The Service is open Monday to Friday 9.30am - 4.00pm telephone 02476256629.
Contact Manager Simon McCarthy or email email@example.com
The Service will support Irish Survivors with their applications for compensation to the new Redress Scheme for former residents of the Republic of Ireland Mother and Baby Homes.
We will also help you obtain your personal records and help with your general health and welfare needs.
Final Report of the Commission of Investigation into Mother and Baby Homes
- The Commission of Investigation into Mother and Baby Homes and certain related matters was established by the Irish Government in February 2015 to provide a full account of what happened to vulnerable women and children in Mother and Baby Homes during the period 1922 to 1998. It submitted its final report to the Minister on 30 October 2020.
Residential Institutions Statutory Fund (Caranua)- is closed
For further information visit the and also the Irish Times- Caranua and closing date (irishtimes.com)
Compensation Scheme for Magdalene Laundries women
Following publication of the report of the Inter Departmental Committee to establish the facts of State involvement with the Magdalen Laundries, the Government commissioned a review, including recommendations of what criteria should be applied in assessing the help that the Government can offer, financially or otherwise, to the women who were admitted to and worked in the Magdalen Laundries and in the laundries operated in the Training Centre at Stanhope Street, Dublin and the House of Mercy Training School, Summerhill, Wexford.
The following sources provide additional information:
- Irish Women’s Support Network (Help all Survivors – National Project)
- Magdalene Commission Report (May 2013), detailing levels of compensation and support to be awarded to the Magdalene women
- Report of the Inter-Departmental Committee to establish the facts of State involvement with the Magdalen Laundries
- Report on Magdalene Laundries published, RTE News, 5th Feb 2013
Please contact us for further information or help.
Counselling is also available for Irish Survivors
Please see The Immigrant Counselling and Psychotherapy Service website or call 0121 666 7707.