Overall Purpose of the post:
To provide information, support and advice to the Irish community on a range of health, welfare and social care issues. The post has a particular focus on targeting services to support vulnerable members of the Irish community,
Provide advice information and advocacy for the Irish community in Coventry who may experience difficulties in accessing mainstream services.
- Complete a wide range of health and welfare benefit assessments and applications. This includes Housing and Housing related support.
- Supporting Clients with dealing with Social Services, Care Assessments and Carers issues.
- Support CIS befriending services including supervising the Carers Group and raising health and welfare knowledge amongst Befriending groups including CIS Lunch Club.
- Help organise and run the CIS Lunch Club.
- To support Irish clients with advice information and support with completing Irish Passport applications including using the online passport application system.
- Subject to resources, to develop and operate outreach surgeries in various parts of the city and to conduct outreach work in general.
- To maintain accurate and comprehensive case records on all individual client contacts, including outcomes.
- To increases the profile and work of the organisation through liaison with other agencies and workers, and the participation in professional community events and activities.
- To attend staff and general meetings within CIS.
- To prepare a regular report detailing client outcomes for the purposes of CIS demonstrating to grant aid providers the needs of the Irish community.
- To contribute to the development of a newsletter and other information to raise awareness amongst the Irish community of CIS Services.
- To anticipate and attend training as requested.
- To undertake all duties in accordance with the organisations equal opportunities policy.
- Any other duties that fall within the grade of this post as directed by the Manager.